Thursday, March 14, 2013

lets start with this

After a lot of thinking about it, people telling me I should do it...and wondering if I should or shouldn't create a blog, here I am. I'll be recording my journey of being a recent college grad all the way to starting up my own business, while pursing my dream of becoming a fashion designer. My journey is not my own - I believe that the Lord gives us the desires of our heart. [take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. psalm 37:4]

I guess I'll start by answering the most frequently asked question:

Q - "how did you know you wanted to be a fashion designer?"
A - Ever since I can remember, I would always be sketching or doodling dresses, skirts, blouses, shoes, purses..etc. However, apparently whenever I was younger I told everyone I wanted to be an astronaut. Lets just say, that's not the road I took.
In high school is where I discovered my love for creating in Art class. Freshman year, I had no earthly idea what I was doing in that class.. Ask my art teacher, she'd tell ya the truth. :) But by the time senior year rolled around, I had improved immensely. Painting had become something that I LOVED to do. 

Here's a quote written to me from my art teacher, M, who is truly my inspiration and who taught me so much of what I know.

"Draw, paint, & enjoy art the rest of your life, you have the talent." -M

more to come.
xo,
amanda

Painted by: Amanda Moore, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment