Wednesday, August 21, 2013

that one question..

The other day I was asked, "did college prepare you for your business adventure?" This question wasn't asked to me as often as I would have imagined; however when asked, I flashed back to my four years studying away at the university thinking to myself [did college prepare me for the uncertainty of running my own business? Did it "prepare" me for the ups and downs of actually dealing and creating a start-up company? ALL of the feelings involved and time spent in developing a brand image....was I/am I prepared?] I think a lot of people will agree with me when I say that yes, college does prepare you for the overall story of a business and career opportunity. College prepares you in many ways to be confident in presenting yourself to companies (all of those group presentations came in handy), networking opportunities, ways to go about making a business plan, etc... All of these things are necessary and I am very grateful that I've had the opportunity to learn, take classes, and study these things. Yes, college did prepare me for my business adventure, but until you are actually out in the "real world" experiencing everything on your own - I believe that is when you learn the most. I will be the first to say that starting up a business adventure is not all rainbows and lollipops. It's a lot of work. My dad always says, "doing the same thing and expecting different results is nonsense." This quote in itself is one that will get you many places. If something in your business isn't going the way you had planned or imagined - make a change.

xo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment