Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"ryan's"

Every designer has their own story of how they started. No matter who I talk with, each artist’s story has one similarity – the simple fact of if you’re not messing up at first, you’re not doing something right. The whole concept of owning your own business and creating your own things for people to buy is that you learn as you go. You try out one thing.. and if that doesn’t work, tweak it and make it better. I’ve been a fashion designer, CEO and Founder (accountant, merchandiser, designer, marketing personnel, secretary, email sender, phone call maker, researcher, advertising maker, packaging up product person, inventory keeper, business runner, lalala literally a million things……. ) of Amanda Moore Designs for….one year now. And it has been the most exciting, stressful, tiresome, stressful (oh, I already said that..,) most rewarding experience I have ever been through. But I can say with confidence that every time I sell a garment and every time someone is so thrilled with their purchase and can’t wait to wear one of my designs... makes it all SO worth it. The other day someone came up to me and said, “I have to have a Ryan’s Orange!!!” That in itself, made me so happy. All the glory to God, as I am faithfully relying on him through this journey.

Ever since I can remember I knew I wanted to name each collection after someone in my life. I used to write down people’s names after I drew up a top and that’s what the collection would be called...from my friends, family, people that have influenced me, helped me grow, and been there for me. Now that my dream is a reality - you’ll notice that this fall/winter 2013 collection’s title before each name is “Ryan.”
Ry’s my brother and I love him so much. He is 18 months older than me and we have such a close relationship that I am so grateful for. People always tell us, “wow, I hope my kids can have a close relationship like you two do” or “are you guys twins?!” we are not twins, but sometimes we go along with it and tell people that we are just for fun since we get it a lot. He's my best friend. So I found it very easy to know that I wanted to dedicate my first collection to my sweet brother.

It has been a little over a year since my business was founded and I AM SO EXCITED to say that with a lot of hard work from myself and so many others, my online retail store is up and running. I am so grateful for the abundant amount of love and support I have been given over this past year. The messages people send me (y’all know who you are) those messages of encouragement and excitement literally get me through. All of the prayers and encouragement, I can’t even express how much that means to me.

“If there’s one thing I can be sure, it’s that the love of the Lord endures.”

Hope you enjoy my collection.
With so much love.
xo,
Amanda

 (Em's wearing Ryan's Aubergine $55)
(Mackenzie is wearing Ryan's Teal $45, Emily's wearing Ryan's Cobalt $45, and Em's wearing Ryan's Aubergine $55)
(Ryan's Floral $65, Ryan's Aubergine $55, and Ryan's Cobalt $45)
photo creds: maryophoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment